Live to Love – by Pastor Brenda Gray
“Whoever does not love does not know God because God is Love” (I John 4:8).
How do you live to love? Well first you must put on the garment of love. Love is an action word. Love means that you have to do something in word and deed. You can say you love but if you don’t do anything to show love then it doesn’t mean anything.
“God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son so we could have everlasting life” (John 3:16). God showed love by sacrificing His only son. What an awesome act of love. No one will ever measure up to that kind of love, but we can start showing love by performing random acts of love. I Corinthians 16:14 says, “and do everything with love.”
There are many ways to show love. Today I am going to name some of the ways, and I challenge you to implement at least one act of love a month. The random acts of love are:
- Send a card to someone in the military
- Do a chore for someone without them knowing it
- Write a thank you note for the mailman/woman
- Give a candy bar to your child’s bus or metro driver
- Donate coloring books to children hospitals
- Buy extra school supplies for the school teachers
- Take treats to first responders
- Check on the elderly
- Take unwanted books to the library
- Bring your neighbor’s trash can up
- Pay for someone’s lay-a-way during the holidays
- Buy coffee for someone standing in line behind you
- Comfort someone who needs to talk things out
- Donate money, clothes and food to homeless shelters
When we perform random acts of love it reminds me of John 15:12 when God says, “my command is this: love each other as I have loved you.” God wants us to pursue love. Real love is an effort. It will cost you something. It’s a sacrifice! Ephesians 5:2 says, “live a life with love for others following the example of Christ who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins.”
Something to think about: It’s not always important that the person or persons know who performed the act of love. Love is unconditional! When you think about rewards, would you rather receive them from God or man? My answer is always God. You can never beat God’s giving. Today I ask that you put on the garment of love!
Prayer: Farther in the name Lord Jesus we need the agape love. The selfless, sacrificial and unconditional love. The love that Jesus has for us. God’s divine love…
Visit www.spreadhiswordministries.com for more Fruitful Living Tips
This gallery contains 1 photo.